Repair cafes are community events which match people with broken household items with skilled people who can support them to fix their item. The purpose of the events is to bring about a shift away from consumerism while enabling skill-sharing and community building.
There are a number of groups running such events across Oxfordshire – check out our events section for one happening near you!
If you’d like to start a repair cafe in your area, we can help you! We offer:
- Free training on how to repair household items
- Peer mentoring from an experienced repair cafe organiser
- £120 grant for your first two events
- Access to ‘how-to’ resources and a repair cafe toolkit
- Support with publicising repair events
If you want to find out more, get in touch: email@example.com
Or check out the most recent events on our Facebook page.