Community Action Groups (CAG) Oxfordshire consists of over 80 groups across Oxfordshire who are at the forefront of community-led climate change action, organising events and projects to take action on issues including waste, transport, food, energy, biodiversity and social justice.
Started in 2001, the network is the largest of its kind in the UK, running over 4,000 events per year, attended by around 80,000 local residents and contributing over 50,000 volunteer hours to the county.
The CAG Oxfordshire team provide free day-to-day support to the network members including:
· Advice, expertise and mentoring to set up and maintain groups and develop projects, events and activities.
· Insurance cover for network activities.
· Access to CAG funding for special projects and support sourcing external funds for larger projects.
· Press, media and communications coordination via our communication channels including The Key newsletter, Facebook and Twitter.
· Training, skill sharing and networking events and opportunities.
· Access to the ResourceCIT, a Government recognised data collection and monitoring portal, in order to report on and evidence our collective impact.
· Access to a large bank of materials and resources.
· Signposting to other organisations and bodies for advice and partnership building.
· Facilitating work with local and national government