The outcome of last week’s referendum has left many wondering how leaving the EU will impact on the country’s commitment to tackling climate change. The CAG Project has compiled a news round-up giving a few different perspectives and opinions on sustainability post “Brexit”.
- Institute for European Environmental Policy – The potential policy and environmental consequences for the UK of a departure from the European Union– A comprehensive report outling policy implications.
- The Guardian – EU out vote puts UK commitment to Paris climate agreement in doubt: This article looks at the consquences for the recent COP21 agreements.
- The Edie –EU Referendum results: Red alert for the green economy as Britain votes to LEAVE the EU: This gives a green business perspective.
- The Guardian – How will leaving the EU affect our food?: This looks at the implications for sustainable food.
- The Independent – Brexit: Environmentalists fear ‘bonfire’ of regulations designed to fight climate change and protect wildlife– A summary of responses to Brexit from environmental NGOs.
- Transition Network Blog (Rob Hopkins) This #ProgrExit starts with your longing– This blog from Rob Hopkins presents a vision for a progressive outcome post-Brexit.