Take a look at all of the amazing things going on! You can change the layout by clicking here.
The Food Surplus Collaborate meeting is an opportunity for Community Action Groups (CAGs) involved in projects that work with food surplus to meet up, share and find ways of working together.
The meeting is open to members of the CAG network, as well as other associated, like-minded groups and organisations. We also moderate theme mailing lists for CAGs to communicate with each other between meetings.
As a large network spread across the county, the meetings are an important chance for CAGs to:
- Discover more about other groups’ activities and achievements
- Share knowledge and skills
- Explore opportunities for collaborative projects and funding bids
- Gain advice and support from The CAG Project staff and other members
- Network and socialise with other members
Meetings are held biannually across a range of themes – please see our page on Collaborate Groups for more details on next meetings of all the groups.
If you are a member of a group wishing to take part in this meeting then please get in touch with The CAG Project staff team: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re attending, please let us know in advance if you have any accessibility requirements, or if you aren’t sure how best to travel to the venue. Email us email@example.com and we’ll do our very best to help.
Bring along your broken electricals, computers, clothes, toys, clocks, watches, jewellery, and tools for sharpening, and we’ll have expert volunteers waiting to help you fix them!
We also have volunteers to fix bicycles – they will be able to offer advice and fix simple problems – they will be outside (please don’t bring your bike into the Civic Hall).
Tea, cake and coffee available
All for free (donations welcome!)
Please only bring household items that you can carry.
The big waste-saving event of 2019 from SHARE Oxford!
Join us for a mini-extravaganza of waste-reduction opportunities
– Scoop zero waste pop-up shop: bring your containers and stock up on all your dry foods, detergents etc without the single-use packaging (full stock list here: http://www.scoopzerowaste.co.uk/products/)
– Clothes Swap: Revamp your wardrobe! Bring up to 5 items of good-quality men’s or women’s clothing and take away some “new” ones. More info coming soon.
– Library of Things: Our Library will be open so you can find out how we can help you to reduce consumption by borrowing instead of buying all those things you will rarely use. Read more at www.shareoxford.org or browse the catalogue at https://shareoxford.myturn.com/library/
– Home-baked goodies made from surplus ingredients courtesy of Oxford Food Bank.
Photo credits: Oxford Mail; The Guardian; Scoop Zero Waste; Oxford Food Bank