Oxford OX2 0BT
This event is now fully booked. If you want to hear about future ones, please join the monthly newsletter or drop us an email. Thanks!
Feeling angry/desperate/helpless/excited about the #ClimateEmergency? Chances are, others around you are feeling similar things.
Join us for a short walk from West Oxford Community Centre along the river to Hogacre Common Eco Park, with the invitation to connect with others. Share hopes, fears, chat about something completely different or just enjoy the bird song.
Led by Ruth Finar, local climate change activist and ecopsychologist.
Meet on the lawn outside WOCA, bring a cup for a hot drink from Tumbling Bay cafe and walk, whatever the weather.
- Bring a reusable cup for a hot drink to take along the way, if you wish;
- The walk lasts about half an hour, and we will be walking across a field, so wear appropriate footwear;
- There is a stile to cross on the way, and at the current time, there is no suitable disabled access to Hogacre – future gatherings will be accessible to all;
- We will be arriving at Hogacre Common Eco Park in time for lunch at the Hogacre Cafe, which serves delicious vegetarian and vegan food through the summer. Lunch will not be part of the event itself, but you are welcome to stay on and purchase lunch;
- This event is for 16+ – future events will be tailored to families, so watch this space;
- Booking in advance is essential, so please indicate your intention to join the walk via the eventbrite link;
- If you are interested but unable to make that specific date and time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.