A practical course with indoor and outdoor learning, including visits to various local projects such as eco buildings, rooftop gardens, organic gardens, community orchards and growing projects.
This PDC is designed to give you the knowledge to design your growing space, grow your own food, store it over the seasons and even create a small income from growing.
The course will be weighted towards the specialism of Forest Gardening, a system which demonstrates efficiency in growing, with high production yields.
If you want to bring sustainability and food growing into your life, this is the course for you.
Topics covered include:
– Ethics and principles of Permaculture
– Design process and methodology
– Soil management and conservation
– Urban challenges and urban Permaculture
– Woodland and Agroforestry
– Real wealth, money and sustainable exchange
– Buildings, Energy conservation and renewable energy
– Personal health, nutrition and resilience
– Creating income from food production
– Food preservation
– Herbal medicines
– Practical gardening skills
Dates: Feb 9 & 16; Mar 2, 9, 16 & 23; Apr 6 & 13; May 4 & 11; and June 8, 15, 22, 29
Runs 10am-4pm each day
£480 – low waged (up to £18K/yr)
£640 – mid waged (up to £25K/yr)
£800 – high waged/corporate
Limited no. of bursary places available for unwaged – please contact us
This course is certificated by the Permaculture Association UK and by LASER learning awards at Levels 1, 2 and 3 (GCSE – A-level equivalent).
A maximum of two days can be missed and still allow you to receive your certificate.